Saturday, August 2, 2008

SiteMeter Causing Blog and Website Internet Explorer Failures

For all fellow Sub bloggers and Submarine website Owners. If you are seeing Internet Explorer failures when trying to view your website, You are also most likely using Site Meter as your tracking and stats counter. You need to log in to your control panel and temporarily remove the Site Meter Code.

Story Here:

Site Meter causing Internet Explorer failure

Took me awhile to figure that out as was compromised as well. Man, I thought the CIA was after me for sure this time and I was on my way to Club Gitmo.

Hey CIA/Men in Black guys, I didnt say anything about USS Houston. Look at Joel at TSSBP, he released the details before I did, It wasnt

Hopefully Sitemeter will have their problem figured out shortly and you can restore the page element later.



Bubblehead said...

Interestingly, the problem only seem to affect people using IE7. I was having the same problem using IE, but could access the pages with no problem using Firefox 3.0.

Nereus said...

I had the same problem with IE7. Didn't have a problem with Firefox. But however, as much as it strokes my ego to review the visitor data to my page, I deleted the element so that my page could be accessed. I am now shopping for another page counter/visitor summary service.

BTW, Great blog, Sorry missed it on the Submarine Roundup. Will have it on the next one..