Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let's go to the Drive In!


Now I am not real ancient compared to some of you old salty dogs out there, but I remember going to the drive in theater as a kid. But today there will be someone that reads this blog, that has never been to a Drive In Theater. Kinda sad since Drive In's or sorta an American Iconic experience, like Baseball, Hot Dogs and Apple Pie. When I was growing up in Orlando Florida we had 2 on the east side of town just a few miles a part. I have some great family memories of going to the movies on weekends. By the time I was teen, everyone shifted over to the regular mall theater and that was the start of the demise. They have since turned into flea markets and were eventually mowed down for strip malls. I think the other one actually had a school of some sorts built on it.

Well folks there is a few articles out there on Drive In Theaters today. Take a stroll down memory lane and enjoy.

See if there is a Drive in Near
You...
Dedicated to the keeping the American drive-in alive, features links, photos, and a listing of the few remaining drive-ins left.


Eric

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I very much enjoy the drive-ins, we used to go to one in Hudson, FL all the time in the late 80's early 90's. I believe it is still there........ More recently I have gone to one in Bremerton Washington and most of them have now switched over to radio frequencies thast you just have to tune into and listen through your car stereo. It's pretty cool if you have a nice stereo! The one up there has three different screens and is usually packed every night.